Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm not generalizing, but these BKK women are so mean!!!

Having visited BKK, maybe about 2 sizes smaller 2 years ago, I never had a problem buying pants in MBK or Pratunam.

Now that my metabolism has slowed down, and BKK, although can overwhelm you with their shopping menu, forbids you to try out their wares. Ergo, I can only rely on the goddesses (aka sales ladies) to measure my size.

So, I went to Platinum, the air-conditioned Pratunamesque mall for my shopping. Maybe it's the language barrier, maybe the heavy rains ruined their mood, maybe they were tired for the day, maybe they didn't like that I'm touching the clothes on their rack, maybe they doesn't like that I took their time away from their precious grilled squid on a stick (or mangga with iodized salt), maybe they just don't like me period..

Long story short, I asked the goddess to measure my size with her trustworthy measuring tape, and she goes, (looking pissed off, as if I've asked for her mangga-which I was tempted to, but didn't) "Sorry, too big, no size!" Sabay far-away-look. Thought ballon: Eh gago pala to eh. Sasampalin ko..

Long story short, I didn't get to buy pants or shorts in BKK. Thanks, anyway!

Cut to: Airport scene. Wearing my jersey brown dress. It's loose and comfortable. I like that dress.

Scene: Airport, boarding
Cast : Me, ground stewardess 1, ground stewardess 2

Me: handing my boarding pass to ground stewardess 1

ground stewardess 1: Boarding pass please (checks my boarding pass). Thank you madam (hands my boarding pass).

As ground stewardess 1 hands me my boarding pass and looks at me, she goes..

ground stewardess 1: Madam, are you pregnant?

Me: Blank stare. "Do I look like I'm pregnant?"

ground stewardess 1: Oh, I'm sorry. Have a good flight. Please fly with us again.

ground stewardess 2: (Snickering).

Me thought balloon: Mga P%$!ng 'nang to!

Me in actuality: searing look, irap, walk-out with my hand-carried curtain rod.

So you ask me, how was my trip to Bangkok? Uhm..ok naman. :) Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment