Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2nd Half of the Year (in review)

It's my 3rd month in Cambodia.

2nd half of the year, done.

Spent Q1 in the Philippines, Q2 in Cambodia. Hopefully, I'll get to spend the a few days of Q3 in the Philippines and latter part of Q4 in the US with Siops.

So, what's up with me? Oh, nothin' much.. just a few milestones..

..managed to get my career going outside the Philippines, away from my family, my friends, my comfort zone.

I think, Cambodia is the new, New York. If you can make it here, you'll make it anywhere! Hey, it's my opinion. Try working your way around a non-existent traffic system, literacy rate of only 40%, mall-less, cine-less..hay, restless!

Well, you would think. Buti na lang, I drive in the Philippines. (Chaos pa din dito. Multiply the *worst* Pinoy drivers by 20). Buti na lang, marunong ako mag charades. May I charades my way around! They have updated boot-leg dvds naman. End of story. All-in-all, v livable, otherwise I won't be here. I like it here. Quiet with a stress level of 10 (or less). Plus: in just 6 hours, you can be in Vietnam for $24 (RT) bu bus. Or in an hour, you can be in Thailand for $80-$120 (RT), depends on the airline and the season. Kewl!

...I am now officially engaged. Key word "official". (I assumed I was, even waaay before..) Being offered a ring was a nice surprise. Wearing it is even better. I think I will name my ring, B- not short for bato- but for bulaga! (Corny.) Scratch that.

...
Living alone is a milestone. But I'm not alone. He's just not here. YET. Birit: How do I get you Alone? How do I get you Alone? Alooooone!

Ok na. Quota na ko. Thank You, Lord. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment